Travelin' with Tablet Guy!

Traveling the tabletscape together, commenting on things in the Tablet PC world as they develop.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Interesting dilemma!

Tablet Guy: Hey Dennis, you ready to go yet? Tomorrow we take off for Redmond again, which is always a great time! My bags are packed, I’m ready to go, I’m standing here, outside your door...., lalalala!
Dennis: Yeah, right, I hear you singing there TG. Don’t bug me right now, I have WAY too much to do. I have networking clients calling, billing to do, Buzz moderation to handle, Buzz contests to get started (I have quite the little pile of stuff right now to give away if I can ever get started), and so on and so on. So what do I focus on today, the day before I have to get on that plane (by the way TG, I have a plane ticket, do you?) and head out to Microsoft HQ. No way I will get it all done before I leave. Oh well, no way I’m not going! Let me tell you some reasons why:

- A trip to MS HQ is just WAY too much fun, and it is always an honor to be asked to attend events like this!
- I get to hang out with my buddy Rob Bushway, ALSO way too much fun!
- I get to visit with all the great Tablet Team guys at MS, fun thing number 3!
- I get to hear the “State of the Union” address on Tablet PC with some other great participants. Tablet is doing well folks, and I will report more when I can this week. There should be a lot of great software and maybe hardware people there too.
- I hope to make more contacts with other Tablet PC enthused people and companies. This will help out on the Buzz a lot. Having a good network to contact at hardware and software companies helps when we want to do reviews, help forum members resolves issues, help promote products, etc.
- Too many other good reasons to mention!

Okay, so now maybe it makes sense. I think I will just get the billing done and look forward to the trip! Dilemma solved!

Tablet Guy: Ticket, what ticket? You mean you forgot to get me a ticket AGAIN? I need a new owner man.... Now I guess I get to fly cross country stuck down in your computer bag again, what a bummer. What am I gonna do with this dude, I just can’t get no respect. Oh well, guess it’s better than staying home! Redmond, here I come!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home